Women's Initiative Blog
Celebrate Women's History Month in March
We celebrate Women's History Month to remember the women who came before us. We would like you to tell the story of a woman in your family tree and celebrate Women's History Month in a personal way. Is it a mother, grandmother, aunt or other woman you admire for the way she lived her life, how she faced challenges, how she inspired you to the woman you are today? Describe her in 500 words or less and mail/email me ([email protected]) by February 25.
Here are some questions to ask to help tell her story:
- When and where were you born?
- How did your family come to live there?
- What are your earliest childhood memories?
- Who were your childhood heroes?
- What world events had the most impact on you while you were growing up? Did any of them personally affect your family?
- Who was an older relative you remember who you admired as a child? What do you do remember about them?
- Are there any special heirlooms, photos, bibles or other memorabilia that have been passed down in your family?
- What was your profession and how did you choose it?
- If you could have had any other profession what would it have been? Why wasn't it your first choice?
- Of all the things you learned from your parents, which do you feel was the most valuable?
- What accomplishments were you most proud of?
- Were you ever mentioned in a newspaper?
- What is the one thing you most want people to remember about you?
Discover. Energize. Connect.