About Women's Initiative
For nineteen years, Itasca Bank & Trust Co.’s Women’s Initiativesm has presented an array of programs and services to advance the success of women. The programs are interesting and informative, addressing topics that make a difference in women’s lives. From personal interest to business and financial focus, the many roles of women have been celebrated and enhanced. The Women’s Initiative also offers the opportunity to connect with other dynamic women. There is no fee to join the Women’s Initiative, nor for the programs.
Whether you are:
- A business owner
- A stay-at-home mom
The Women's Initiative is for you.
What we do:
The programs we offer cover a wide range of interests, and are for women of all ages and walks of life. Review a sample of some of our past programs, all offered at no charge to women:
- Women, Wisdom, and Understanding Wealth Creation
- Cyber: Threats, Trends, and Strategies
- Trusts Made Simple
- Celebrate Women's History Month: Louisa May Alcott
- The Savings Gap: How to Save Now For the Future You Want
Once a year we have a special program at Drury Lane in Oakbrook that draws 300 women. Here are the descriptions of some of those programs:
Inspiration Makers: An exciting evening of theatre, art, conversation, and song. These extraordinary women live their dreams and passions and will inspire us to do the same.
Finding Your Voice: At times, in our personal or business lives we may want to ask a question, make a suggestion or offer an opinion, but we stay silent. Join us for an inspiring and joyful journey to Finding Your Voice.
Fascinating Women: A celebration of women - six women will share their ideas, interests, passions, and energy that can bring joy to our own lives. We will conclude the evening with The CoverGirls Violin Show - a colorful, high-energy musical revue of pop and rock hits.
Following are some of our past speakers for the event:
- Bonnie Blair, Olympic Athlete
- Kathy and Judy, Radio Personalities
- Barbara Stanny Author of "Overcoming Under Earning" and "Prince Charming Isn’t Coming"
- Alison Levine, Team Captain of the First American Women’s Everest Expedition
We also offer special programs for women business owners.
Here is a sampling of past programs:
- They Key to Business Growth: Collaboration between Sales and Marketing
- Positioning Your Business to Sell
- The Why and How of Video Marketing
- Are You Running Your Business or Is It Running You?
- Business Succession Planning
Diane Middlebrooks is the Women's Initiative Coordinator. Diane comes from a corporate management background. Prior to joining Itasca Bank & Trust Co., Diane owned her own business, The Business Coach, and led numerous companies and individuals toward greater success and prosperity. During that time she was very active in the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), serving on the Board for four years, and one year as the Chicago chapter president. As Women's Initiative Coordinator, Diane plans the programs and events. She also facilitates monthly roundtables for women business owners.
Diane invites you to contact her about the Women's Initiative at 630-773-0350 ext. 421